Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Easter Buffet Decor

Do your Easter Day plans include a get-together for a casual morning brunch or a relaxed buffet-style dinner?  If so, this post might help inspire you to add a bit of decor to the buffet set-up.  Sure, you can just put out the plates and cutlery beside the food ...but what fun is that? :)






Just because you are not having a sit-down meal, doesn't mean the buffet area can't look festive.

Adding seasonal or occasion-themed items to a buffet backdrop makes it seem all the more special and inviting. 

When I serve buffet style, most of the food is placed on the kitchen island so this table is where guests pick up their plates, cutlery, glasses and napkins.

The plates were placed in burlap-covered baskets on either end of the table.

I was happy to use these new floral plates from Pier 1 that Mr Delight gave me for my recent birthday.

This adorable little lamb was also a recent gift. Just love him!

The flatware was put in mason jars inside these small burlap bags which are held in a wire basket.

Champagne flutes are ready to be filled with cranberry-orange mimosas!

These blue bowls are perfect for fruit salad.

The most pleasing look is achieved when the items in the display are arranged at gradually varying heights.

The items along the back were placed on top of sturdy platforms (like books, boxes, etc) which were covered with an additional tablecloth.

Now, let's look at some of the decorative elements placed around the practical items.

Did you notice this fellow hiding in the blossoms?

And next to the vase of blossoms, this Easter bunny is hopping in to say "hi".

This bunny couple are gathering eggs near the front of the display.

They are by Partylite from years ago but still remain one of my fav Easter decorations.

All of the bunnies have their eyes on the carrots I placed around the display for a pop of bright orange colour.

A birdhouse and...

...nest speak of springtime.

Pink pip berry garland was placed along the back of the plates in the basket.

Battery-operated lights were added for a soft glow.

Faux greenery was tucked in the bare spaces.

I know this display is probably a little over the top for most people but if you are hosting a buffet-style meal this Easter, you may want to try incorporating a few decorative touches to the area.  It will add to your guests' enjoyment of the occasion.

Here's a simple Easter Brunch menu:

Wishing you a Blessed and ...

Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays t A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Design,Dining, Diapers
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

24 comments:

  1. What a fabulous buffet! I totally agree, a buffet-scape is a wonderful thing. I love your dishes, the little blue bowls, all the bunnies, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all just wonderful! We are going to smoke a turkey and bake a ham as well. We will dine outside if it's nice enough, but the buffet will be set up on my island. Going to do a little something to make it special. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your buffet table is so pretty and interesting to look at too Your guests will love it.

    Barbara
    fairmeadowplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this display! It is perfect to me! I wanted to host Easter this year and have brunch but my daughter said we would never get her in-laws here in time for brunch. So, she is having Easter again and having dinner. I may just set up a SMALLER buffet for us for breakfast! You have inspired me. Have a very happy and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, What a buffet! The rich colors and so much detail...where does one start? This is my favorite. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning buffet Lori. You didn't miss a trick with this one. Love every detail and I like "over the top". Great use of pastels, sweet little blue bowls. Then nice pop of the color with the orange carrots. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing Buffet. Even the hotels around here, don't do anything that well. Wonderful, thanks for sharing, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it ! Very well done !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you all the way! Go big, or go home! Easter is another one of those holidays when you can load the table with lots of decorative accoutrements. This is a really pretty display! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to go back and look at your gorgeous table, everything looks so wonderful. Those little partylite bunnies are my fav.

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Easter vignette. Thanks for explaining the set up.
    My secret to making different heights is from an office supply store. Some years back I found clear Lucite file folder holders that are U shaped. I simply turn them upside down to stand things on in my display.
    Happy Easter to all.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful display, Lori. You always put together the most amazing vignettes. Happy Easter to you and your family! xxx Maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! I love it!Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so adorable Lori! I love the way you've stacked your plates vertically, I've got to try that! Love how the flatware looks like emerging plants, it's all so wonderfully spring and Easter! I hope you had a lovely time

    ReplyDelete
  15. would love a "demo" post of how this is done from start to finish for those of us just starting to learn

    ReplyDelete

  16. Your Spring display is awesome ! I love the little lamb too.

    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! Your family must have loved every single detail.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your buffet is fabulous!!! I love all the special touches. How fun would it be to gather around that buffet!! Almost too pretty to disturb anything. Love Love Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry Lori,
    Miss Akron Canton is my other account - I forgot to sign out of it when I commented on your table!!
    I still love your buffet table!!! But didn't want you to think I was spam!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Soooo cute! I pinned to several of my Pinterest pages. Can't wait to play with this idea next year!
    Hope your Easter was wonderful, He is risen!
    xoxo Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well thought out and absolutely gorgeous. A beautiful display like this makes the meal very special. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's perfect!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What a nice Easter Images are there in it.Cartincoupon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".