Pages

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Green Easter Tablescape

I'm excited to be joining a lovely group of talented ladies in a Spring Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Chloe at Celebrate & DecorateBe sure to check out all the links at the end of my post where you'll find lots of inspiration for any upcoming spring and Easter tablescapes you may want to create.



Inspiration for my tablescape began with a spring-green coloured tablecloth in my favourite buffalo check pattern.

The other thing you might notice if you follow my blog, is that my dining table is now in the living room. Yep, moving furniture is worth it for a different look!

The stone fireplace makes for a nice backdrop and the fire provides a cozy atmosphere.

Since Easter is right around the corner, my spring tablescape has a fun Easter theme...

...using lots of feathers!

Fair warning - this tablescape idea isn't for those who can't stand to make a bit of a feather-y mess in the process.

I cut up 3 feather boas from the Dollar Store and used them for everything from chair back decor to centerpiece embellishment.

I think the feathers give a soft look to the table which goes perfectly with bunnies and birdies.

I set this cute bunny on top of a faux boxwood wreath sitting on a burlap covered vase. 

A small segment of a feather boa was arranged around the bunny.

The feathers that fell off the boa while cutting it were rounded up and tucked in the bird nests.



This burlap basket was filled with a greenery ball and Easter eggs to create a simple centerpiece.  

Again, a short length of a feather boa was tucked inside.

Candles add a warm glow to the table.

The place settings were done in green and white.

A length of feather boa was cut to fit under the dinner plate atop the woven charger.
 (I think if I do this again, I'd tuck the feathers around the charger so that it is not so close to the plate for food - unless my guests don't mind eating a feather or two!)

Easter treats fill these small glasses as a little favour for guests.

Amber coloured stemware stands ready for filling.

These egg cups were used as candle holders at each place setting.

A bunny tail was created for the backs of the chairs by cutting a chunk of a feather boa, looping it through a ribbon and arranging it into a ball shape.



Now, I have one idea to use for my Easter table this year...

...but I know there are lots more ideas for spring/Easter tables at the
Spring Tablescape Blog Hop.
Be sure to click on the links below to check them out.


I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent  at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Brag About It Tuesday at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

34 comments:

  1. It's always a treat to join you at your table which is oh so cozy moved by the fireplace! Your feathery green and white details are delightful with your nests of bunnies and birds! So clever to use your feather boas for bunny tails to embellish your chair backs too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, you always come up with some of the best ideas (those boas! and especially those bunny tails on the chair backs!). The fact that you stay true to your cozy approach makes it all the more inviting - love the fireplace and that buffalo check in spring green. You were mentioning the feathers flying, and my thoughts immediately were focused on those flames next to the feathers - you like living dangerously, I see! Great table, I love it. Hoppy Spring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, what a cozy table sitting in front of the fire. The green buffalo check tablecloth sets the spring mood perfectly. The white boas are genius, and I loved how you used them for bunny tails on the chairs! Your table is such a feast for the eyes with all of its detail...love it all and I would not mind a feather or two if I could join you for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, Happy, charming, delightful, creative, inviting,and fun describe your table. Love your table in front of your fireplace and the view of your cute Easter mantle.

    I could spend hours on your blog. Your sidebar is filled with posts I want to revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and white looks so fresh for spring! The feathers and nests are so cute. Love your green bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bunny tails!! Just adorable! I love that you have tried out your table in front of the fireplace. Are you leaving it in that room on a permanent basis? Your table is lovely, I would never have thought to add the feathers, and yet it is such a pretty touch for a Spring table! The green and white are lovely and perfect for Spring! Thank you so much for being a part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori, your tables are always a "dining delight" but the feather boas! SO CUTE!!! and the cotton tails on the chair backs! You've out done yourself, everything is fabulous!!! Best table of the week! I have to go back for another look :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, your tables are always gorgeous! I always love your style. The green and white color palette looks beautiful. I love the addition of the feathers. It adds a lightness and wonderful texture to your table. Also, your mantel looks beautiful adorned for Spring. It has been so much fun blog hopping with you! Happy Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fireplace is a perfect backdrop and it is very inviting. I would gladly endure the feathery mess to get a beautiful table like this. The softness from the feathers creates a very relaxed mood and those bunny tails are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I LOVE the feathers!! What a creative idea and moving the table into the living room in front of the fireplace is wonderful. What a cozy welcoming home! I've so enjoyed this hop and meeting so many bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful. I loved that the feathers provided a look of winter to spring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute! Love the gingham green and white tablecloth! Mantel looks great too !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at buffalo check, and then I saw the boa sections everywhere! The white feathers are perfect for your green and white table. I love it all. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your color scheme! The light green with the white is so pretty and fresh! Just beautiful. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful table.The green and white looks so fresh for spring and they go perfectly! The feathers and nests are so cute. you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! So fresh and fun and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have the most gorgeous table settings. You had me at the green checked tablecloth! Ha. And those cute little bunnies and boa. Soooo pretty. Happy Spring. Fun to blog hop with you. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have to say that you hit it on the nail with this post! The table looks gorgeous! its perfect in every way for Easter and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the look of the dining table in front of your gorgeous fireplace. A beautiful move. The green tablescape with all of it's flair and spring touches is lovely. Very cute nest and those bunnies. What a lovely table to sit down and welcome spring. Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Who knew that a couple bucks at the dollar store could create so much feathery fun!!!?! I like your table in front of the fireplace, it looks warm and inviting. have the napkins that match your tablecloth, love that green. Your table grabbed my attention right away, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Lori,

    I love your table. Fresh and welcoming. I have to say, you made great use of a boa. What a fun and different idea. Those bunnies are adorable too. The green and white check tablecloth was the perfect choice. Lovely spring table.

    It has been pleasure blog hoping with you…..

    Have a glorious spring.

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful, Lori! I love the green and white theme. The tablecloth is gorgeous and the feathers just fabulous. Have a wonderful weekend. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  23. A perfect use of colour of the year! Love your green and white tablecloth

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, a perfect use of colour of the year! Love your tablecloth 😊

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, Lori
    Just wanted to say, what a lovely and warm feeling table setting! Love the green buffalo check tablecloth and all the wonderful Spring decorations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lori, I love the green and white checked tablecloth. Your use of green elements is very pretty and they all complement each other. The bunny tails on the chairs is brilliant. And I love your place tags. Really cute setting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Candles and feathers? I'm in! Nice idea to move the table for a such a festive backdrop. ...and then there's the table. Wonderful. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  28. All those feathers! I would have never thought to add some to my tablescape. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so pretty! I love all the feathers and the creative chair swags. The table is beautiful and that fireplace backdrop is so cozy. What a great place to spend Easter lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy spring Lori! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your spring green accents are lovely. Really just made me smile and hope we might get spring, sometime in Chicagoland, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lori, This is fabulous! Feather boas? So creative and I love how you used them on the chairs as well as on the table. Thanks for sharing at Brag About It. Pinned :)
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your tablescape is fabulous! Following you on Instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well this just 'tickles' me! :) Pun intended. Love the tablecloth and the feathers are so fun!! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".