Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas Fireplace & Hearth

While I love to decorate all areas of my home for Christmas, decorating the fireplace mantel is definitely one of my favourites.
It wasn't always that way but since Mr Delight did the stone veneer makeover on the old brick, (here) I now like the stone backdrop to any  seasonal decor I add.



I started by hanging this wreath with lights over the black framed mirror.

Some birch, faux red berries, greenery and an antler shed were arranged on the mantel.

These wooden mittens were tucked in as well.

Faux candles and their holders were embellished with burlap and red berries.

A bronze-toned reindeer rests on a birch log.

They look dapper with plaid ribbon scarves.

The stockings were hung...

...and were easily moveable ...

...with this curtain rod attached to the bottom of the mantel.

This side of the hearth was decorated with a crate, small tree and black lantern.

An urn with birch and berries and a pretty plaid package adorns the other side of the hearth.



Of course, a Christmas fireplace is best enjoyed in the evenings...

...and we have been spending lots of time right here.

Relaxing by the fire is definitely one of my favourite Christmas activities. :)

Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to mark your calendars for the 
Holiday Home Tour Blog Hop
hosted by Chloe at Celebrate & Decorate.
I'll be joining in on Wed, Dec 7th.
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Celebrate Your Story at Celebrate & Decorate
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

11 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. I love how you have the lighted mirror and the beautiful lighted garland. The curtain rod on the bottom of the mantel is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious. I love the plaid wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its is gorgeous, Lori! I have been dealing with my mantle for days and I just can't get it right. You did a beautiful job with yours. Take care, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful - and the curtain rod hung from the mantle is a great idea! Very Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of this and the curtain rod under the mantel is genius! Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori, What a gorgeous mantle! Yours is one of the prettiest I've seen this year! I agree with other commenters that the curtain rod is a great idea, too. Thanks for sharing your lovely home! Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I feel that we like many of the same things. I love how pretty it is all lit up! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get your birch logs? I have been looking for them! I LOVE this whole fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He would not like to shut down the place since it had begun doing great business. Be that as it may, he needed to accomplish something instantly about the furniture. Cash Advances San diego

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".