Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Canada Day Display in a Tray


Canada Day falls on Friday this year making it a long weekend :)  I'm looking forward to having the three days off and hoping to celebrate our nation's birthday in style.  With that in mind, I wanted to add some themed decor to our home and created a Canada Day display in a tray.




The design I came up with has a rustic Canadiana lodge type look.

My white moose were called into action again. Last week, they helped celebrate Father's Day.

Cling-on vinyl stickers from the Dollar Store were applied to add to the theme.

Two large Canadian flags were set in a birch vase as a backdrop.

Faux white floral stems were placed in the birch vase as well.

In keeping with the rustic look, I used one of the birch candleholders Mr Delight made for me.

Beside it, I tucked some red-handled flatware in a flag-wrapped glass.

Of course, I rounded up various red and white dishware I had on hand.

I thought these canoe-shaped bowls fit right in.

A few maple-leaf-shaped confetti pieces were placed inside.

A mini-flag was perched on the end of the top "canoe".




This rustic lantern got a flag embellishment along with a faux candle inside.

The lantern sits on the left side of the tray.





July 1st is almost here.
  If you are Canadian, you better get your red & white on and celebrate!



Thanks for visiting...eh!















I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sundays at Home at Love of Home
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Home Matters Friday at Life with Lorelai
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage


18 comments:

  1. Happy Canada Day to you. Such a patriotic display for your tray. Those are the cutest moose and good idea for the stickers. Love the canoe shaped bowls. Hope you have a great weekend for your Canada Day and enjoy your family.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two words

    Nailed It! Love the table and your devotion to Canada. Such a beautiful tribute. The stacking you did in the tray makes it so much more impactful. I'm going to go back up and look again. lol

    Going to share this on my FB page, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Lori! Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of mixing it all up in a basket. Happy Canada Day to all of you "up north".

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely basket ! Love the moose! Thanks for stopping in my blog too! Hope you have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea!!! Your display in a tray is beautiful! Gotta pin this! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved you sharing Canada day. Thanks for sharing at SYC! Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, What a great basket. The white moose with flags are great. The canoe like dishes are great. Happy Canada Day from Alberta. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Canada Day table! Happy Canada Day!
    Rebeca

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way you've gathered it all up on the tray. It's gorgeous and fun all at the same time.

    Thank you for sharing with Thoughts of Home on Thursday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using trays for corralling things together and you've done a fabulous job! Who would have thought the dollar store would have such great rub ons? We made some of those birch candles a few years ago and they are fun. Happy Canada Day and thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. All that you have here is so fun and whimsical and I just love it! The Moose, oh my. Couldn't be more adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your Canada display,it really looks so nice, and the moose is adorable,
    and what a great idea for using those cling on stickers, it was perfect.

    Is Canada Day like America's 4th of July maybe?? I have always thought the Canadian flag is so pretty. As soon as I saw your display the song O Canada
    from the Epcot Canadian pavilion came to mind........such a pretty song.
    I have never been to Canada but the pics I have seen it looks like such
    a beautiful place.........

    Nice Job and Belated Canada Day.........

    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated Happy Cananda Day, Lori! I just love the vignette you put together,,,,,Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a fun post. I loved this. How creative to use the stickers and the tiny flags. I've enjoyed visiting. I look for your follow options. I came by from one of the parties. I hope you can come by and visit me. I'd love to 'Welcome' you to my home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love what you created here! It's a wonderful tribute to your country's heritage. I hope you had a great day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO CUTE!!!! I love the fresh pine tree branch and the moose! Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things - going to feature this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great Canada Day display! I love the moose! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".