Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Wine & Cheese in the Backyard

Although I'm hoping to give you some ideas on how to host a simple wine & cheese gathering in your backyard, I could also have titled this post "What I got for my Birthday".  Many of the items I've used in the display and function of my wine and cheese set-up were recent birthday gifts and I was very happy to try them out.

First though, let's look at the setting.

I arranged two chairs on our back patio area and used our fire bowl with cover as a table.

The inspiration for the décor began with the colours in this fabulous embroidered pillow. So pretty - I just love it!
 (birthday gift from my sister-in-law) 

I paired it with this oh-so-soft throw that was a birthday gift from my daughter.  When warm afternoons turn into cool evenings, a cozy throw is very welcome.

This gray and white birdie was part of the gift with the pillow and the colour and theme make them a great match. 

Now let's look at the wine & cheese, shall we?

My other sister-in-law gave me a few items that helped with the display and function of serving both the wine and the cheese.

I love the saying on this wine bottle necklace she put in with my birthday gift.

She also gave me these terrific cheese and/or buffet markers that came with a dry erase pen.

So fun to write on and they wipe clean easily.
Yum, my favourite cheese!



I admired this cheese knife at her place and thanks to her, I now have one too!

And as if that wasn't enough, she also gave me this white tiered tray.

I put a few other snacks to go with the cheese on it.

These lovely floral napkin rings were part of a gift from Mr. Delight.



Although I've been talking a lot about my birthday presents, I hope you've picked up a few ideas on how to serve...

It is a simple snack to put together and yet, it has some sophistication to it.

Especially when served outdoors...



...and with a little wine ;)




Perfect for two people or a few more!

I will be taking a bit of a blogging-break over the next while but hope you'll check back later.
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
A Bouquet of Talent Saturday at Life on Lakeshore Drive
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Silver Pennies Sunday at Silver Pennies
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Essence of Home
Share Your Cup at Art & Sand
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design

16 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Wishes! You received some great gifts- love that wine bottle necklace! The new throw and pillow are so pretty- and I bet the two tier tray is going to come in handy for a lot! We've visited several local wineries and enjoyed cheese, crackers and wine and loved it but I never thought about having a home party like this. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks stunning, and yay for wonderful birthday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so beautiful! I love wine and cheese, and when it's presented so beautifully it just makes it that more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I would love to be your neighbor - you know,just to see what you are up to and wonder over. . . . Happy Birthday! Lovely gifts and fun table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori! I love this! Those pillows are gorgeous and all the other little touches.I want to come over! I think I need to do this for a few friends... Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous set up! Love all your birthday gifts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wine & cheese party looks perfect, especially in such a beautiful setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is a stunning place to sit, relax and dine with family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful spot for a relaxing meal.

    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful setting for a wine and cheese retreat. Great gifts to use and enjoy. Your food and wine styling looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Pierced Pastimes link up party. Lovely set up and I would most certainly enjoy my happy hour sitting right there among that beautiful background. Everything is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty pillows and yummy cheese? Sign me up! We so appreciate you joining the Thoughts of Home on Thursday gathering. May you have a delightfully lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Easy to see that you had a fabulous birthday. All of your gifts are wonderful! Your setting is beautiful, along with the gorgeous background of your garden and your wine and cheese! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a genuine gift for entertaining and your backyard garden is stunning.
    Such inspiration and joy here!
    Thank you for joining us at TOHOT and we hope you join us today for a garden party too.
    This would be a perfect post:)
    http://www.athomewithjemma.com/
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please tell me about the lovely pink plates!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, happy belated birthday Lori. We love eating outdoors, so your setting would be perfect for my family. Your sister has good taste in selecting the pillow for you. Great gift. The food tray of cheeses, nuts, and the wine make an evening of dining on the deck fun and exciting. Take care Lori.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".