Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Easter Decor in a Trunk

This display was an unexpected addition to my Easter décor this year. 
I had purchased a wooden trunk to keep blankets and pillows in when they need to be removed from the loveseat and chairs in the living room. 
However, the decorator in me found another not-so-practical use for it.

Filling it with Easter décor like this cute bunny seemed like the logical thing to do!



And before long, an Easter display evolved.

This sleeping lamb found a spot to snuggle on the one fuzzy blanket I did put in the trunk.

A burlap sack filled with colourful eggs was added to the display.



I always like a reminder of the TRUE reason for Easter and this rugged cross fit right in.



A little birdie sitting on her nest was perched on the end of the trunk.





This bunny was from HomeSense a couple years ago.

The lamb is from Pier 1 about three years ago.

The burlap sack was from a unique gift shop in Winthrop, WA where we stayed on one of our travels last summer (loved it!).

The addition of some white blossoms in the back of the trunk really gives it that spring look even if there's still snow outside the window.

Hmmm...I now wonder if this trunk will ever be the functional blanket box I intended or is it destined to contain seasonal décor.  Based on the amount of fun I had creating this display, I'm guessing the latter!

Thanks for visiting!
I will be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share it One More Time at Everyday Home
Sunday Showcase at An Alli Event
Dishing It & Digging It at Rustic & Refined
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Winter Blues at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
Thoughts of Home Thursday at Décor to Adore
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

13 comments:

  1. Live the idea. The lamb is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely vignette...and that little smiling lamb is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely decor! Any thing can be decorated and you are great at this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eye catching and sweet vignette. Evokes pleasant feelings of spring and the real meaning of Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect way to use this trunk. Thanks for sharing your charming vignette. I'm at work on adding some Easter vignettes around our home. Always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling vignette. The lamp caught my eye with it's sweet face. Love the flowers! So true the real meaning of Easter, we all sometimes forget. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks very sweet! I love decorating with the crackle glazed rabbits too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori,
    I'd say you've found the "perfect" use for your trunk, dear friend!
    I adore all the accessories within, especially the cross!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute- just my style! I have that little lamb too- so cute. I got out my cross and have it in a vignette now. It is important to remember what Easter is really about. I do love the cute decorations and can't resist using them too! I have a feeling the trunk has a new place in the home for decorating! I think I'm going to look for one of those ladders for holding my throws.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this! What a perfect way to style up a trunk, you nailed it.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori, there's a lot of Easter decorating in blogland right now but I'd say this vignette is exceptionally pretty. Pinning.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori-
    I love your Easter decor-
    Isn't it fun to change our special vignettes with the season?
    Thank you for joining TOHOT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great vignette! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".