Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Driftwood Gray Tablescape

Here's a tablescape that demonstrates that you can make a centerpiece out of just about anything.
 
This summer, Mr Delight and I have enjoyed quite a few waterside picnics.  On one such outing, I picked up a fairly ordinary piece of driftwood. Of course, my thoughts started drifting towards how I could use it for table décor.

 
By placing the driftwood on a series of mirrors and adding some seaside touches, it started to take on a more elegant look.
 
The candlelight and driftwood were reflected in the mirror which gave the centerpiece some added dimension.
 
I tucked these faux grasses underneath but they laid flat so I used a few of these shell covered balls to push some of the grasses up.
 
The grasses add a pop of colour to this otherwise neutral gray and white table.
 
Floating candles were added to multiple crackle-glass candleholders placed around the driftwood.

 
I designed the tablescape around the colour of the driftwood and chose to use a gray damask tablecloth with white placemats and napkins.

 A driftwood gray charger plate is topped with a white dinner plate and muted gray/white salad plate.

 
The top of this napkin fold is slightly reminiscent of a shell.
 
Tapered candles were set in these silver holders which were topped with a few small shells. Again, gray is the colour of choice for the table runner.
 
Love the combination of...
 
 
Let's look beyond the table to the sideboard behind.
 
I used seaside objects to create a similarly themed décor on it.
 
Faux driftwood-like branches run the length of the sideboard.
 
A hurricane vase is filled with sand, shells and grasses and set atop a glass cake platter which also gets some sand and shells around the edge.
 
Two glass pedestal candleholders on each side of the centerpiece contain votive holders placed in sand.
 
The white metal star on the mirror is a recent purchase and was meant to portray something similar to a starfish.
 
I was pleased I had this tablescape ready to go when some friends from out of town dropped by last weekend and we invited them for dinner.  Being avid hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, they liked the natural look of the décor.
 
The next time you need a quick centerpiece, head outside and see what you can find.  It doesn't take a lot to transform an ordinary piece of nature into something fit for your dining room table.
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Sundays Down Under at Natasha in Oz
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Table It at Rustic & Refined
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Sizzle into Summer at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Thursday Favorite Things at Surroundings by Debi
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


17 comments:

  1. Your table is really pretty! It's funny how a piece of driftwood can turn into a special centerpiece if it's styled correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just so pretty and inspiring! Earthy but still elegant. Thank you for sharing your pretty tablescape.
    Joanne @ Sea Glass Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and serene Lori, like a trip to the spa! I especially love love the centerpiece repeated on the sideboard...also love the napkin/fork/napkin ring, so different!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love the driftwood on the mirrors, such an elegant touch. It must be amazing by candle light.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the understated colors and calm feel of it all. Your centerpiece is just gorgeous! This is just the kind of tablescape that really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tablescape. Love the seaside touches you did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous...one of the prettiest tables I have seen in a long time...thanks for sharing with the Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. who knew drifywood could be so elegant! beautiful tabelscape!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. The driftwood against the mirror are such a contrast it's stunning!!

    Visiting from NTT
    -Tenneil at Rseven.net

    ReplyDelete

  10. The entire setting is gorgeous. Love the driftwood concept. The green touch is so good. Love it. Visiting you from Stroll Thru Life. Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coastal decorations and tablescape are awesome! What a talented and creative lady you are, I totally love this!!!
    I live far from the beach, so no drift wood, next time I'm bringing a couple to 'copy cat you' lol!
    Enjoy your week.
    FABBY
    PS: I'm gonna take a look again and pin it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori, I love DRIFTWOOD!!!!! will be pinning here and I follow you now through Bloglovin! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori,
    I love your driftwood tablescape....it would be perfect in our boathouse!

    Thank you for your visit and sweet comment.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful setup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful tablescape. I love the dishes. They work well together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori, you are really speaking to my heart with your ideas. I could never figure why people go out to eat inferior food at plastic tables, and setting a beautiful table each night is something we adore here. Would you share this elegant setting at Five Star Frugal this week? I'd love to have you back. Love, Mimi xxx
    http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/five-star-frugal-15the-pink-one.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".