Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Easter Sideboard 2015

I might have gotten a bit carried away decorating my sideboard for Easter this year.  If you don't like displays with "lots of stuff", you might want to click x now!
If you stick around though I'll show you some little vignettes within the display which may be more to your liking.
I went with more of a springtime garden theme based on a colour scheme of orange, white, green and brown.
These terra cotta pots are from the Dollar Store and not only fit the theme perfectly but are also great for holding some Easter treats.
A faux boxwood wreath that I recently made adds some greenery to the scene.

These carrot-rimmed Pier 1 votive holders (a surprise gift from Mr. Delight) were placed inside a cup and a peat moss pot.
I hung a SPRING banner that I made a few years ago across the mirror as a backdrop.

Bunnies and birds seem to signal springtime.
A white bunny is placed on a candleholder beside another strung with Pier 1 faux carrots. (yes, carrots are another gift from Mr. D - he knows where to shop!)

 A white birdie sits atop some white plates on a cake plate.
The stack of plates are these by Pier 1 - egg shaped with an embossed bunny on them. (are you sensing a pattern here? - yep, an early birthday gift from Mr. D.)
Orange napkins were embellished with a white ribbon.
An arrangement of faux dogwood blossoms, pussy willows and spring tree branches towers over the display.

 This white lantern has a faux pillar candle inside along with a grass orb and some Easter eggs.
It is set on top of a pillar candle holder to give it some height in the display.
 
My favourite part of creating any seasonal display is adding dishware.
Grouping objects that fit the theme is fun too... 


 ...Even if I did overdo it this time!


I hope you'll check back soon when I'll show you how I will be setting the table for Easter dinner so that it coordinates with the sideboard decor.
  
Thanks for visiting!

I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Saturday Sparks on Pieced Pastimes
Share Your Style at Rosemary Lane - Spring Link Party
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesday at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Swing into Spring at DIY by Design
Share Your Style at Northern Nesting
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design
Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

21 comments:

  1. Lori, I myself get carried away sometimes with my decorating and I have to say that I love what you did. I always say the more the merrier! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, how fun. I love lots of stuff and this is all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter vignette is fabulous!! It's so springy and pretty and fun. I'm one of those who likes lots of stuff in a vignette so it's right up my alley!
    Thank so much for the visit, and I'm happy to be a new follower.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Spring mantel.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, this is a feast for the eyes! I agree with Mae West who said, "Too much of a good thing...is wonderful!". Your sideboard, definitely, is wonderful with so many creative ideas for displaying items. Love the votive inside the teacup! Anyone who visits your home soon will not have any trouble knowing which holiday is approaching - just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your side board. It's wonderful how it's filled to overflowing with inspiration.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness, I love it! What sweet items you've used and the more the merrier for me! It looks darling.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful Easter décor at my party today...LOVE IT!! I will be sharing it on my FB page.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Spring sideboard design Lori! The various heights of the items you used are perfectly placed in your very pretty display. Can't wait to see your table!
    Happy Easter!
    LuAnn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Easter decor ! Love all the flower pots and carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ADORE IT!!! I love the way you incorporated the traditional type spring decor like the terra cotta pots with the white dishes. Love it. Thanks for sharing. I popped over from the Saturday sparks link party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is gorgeous, Lori, I've loved all your wonderful posts. thanks so much for sharing them at SYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the orange! Oh no, it is not too much, just beautiful and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the Spring décor on your sideboard. It is really inspiring me to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun you must of had putting together your wonderful Easter goodies to create this charming Spring display. Mr. D sure is a prince among men, perhaps he would consider tutoring my dear hubby on the finer arts of shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a beautiful display!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you did with your sideboard!! So many fun details. It is cheerful and bright - just perfect for the Spring season. On a rainy day it would be sure to raise anyones spirits. The orange really speaks to me, on my way to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's beautiful! I love the candles nested in the plant pots - just lovely! Happy Easter!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightful sideboard, love it all!
    Happy Easter~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a fabulous job with such a fun color scheme and lots of wonderful details...I love it all and pinned it!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous sidetable! I love everything about this vignette..so cheerful with the carrots and the Spring banner.
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".