Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Snowy Winter Mantel

I had a lot of fun creating this year's winter mantel.
A couple of feather boas from the Dollar Store set the
scene for my snowy winter mantel.

 
Let me point out the other snowy effects on the mantel.


 
A white pitcher holds some faux evergreen branches with a few snowflakes tucked in.
 
 
 
I got these snowballs at our local Pharmasave store in the post Christmas sales.
 
 
On the other side of the mantel sits a snowman, more faux greenery, a large snowflake and a faux pillar candle.
 
 
This guy is all bundled up for winter.
 
 
I wanted to bring in some black to tie in with the mirror above so brought out this metal candle holder. Then I attached the Winter Welcome sign I got last year.
 
 
The votive holders have a frosty looking tree on them.
 
 
Some icy snowflakes were hung from above the mirror with fishing line.
 
 
The full view
 
On one side of the hearth, I placed a bucket of birch and a lantern.
 
I had wanted to find one of those little chalkboard tags to hang on the front of the bucket but didn't so I photoshopped one on instead!
 
 
A snowy pine cone adds to the wintry vibe.
  
On the other side, a large black lantern and a basket with pillow, blanket and book complete the décor on the hearth.
 
Inside the lantern, I placed some faux ice chips and snowflakes.
 
 
 
 
The curtain rod under the mantel came in handy once again!
 
 
 White mini-lights were placed behind the mirror and along the back of the mantel.  Having some lights up after Christmas helps brighten the darker days of winter.
 
 
 
In our house, we give winter a warm welcome and enjoy it while its here!
 
 Thanks for visiting!
 
Click here to see last year's winter mantel.
 
I will be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
What We Accomplished Wednesdays at Green Willow Pond
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Grace at Home at Imparting Grace
Foodie Friday & Everything Else at Rattlebridge Farm
Weekend Retreat at AKA Design + Life
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell Fridays at My Romantic Home
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table & Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
Tuesdays at Our Home at Our Home Away From Home
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Talented Tuesdays at Home Remedies
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z

10 comments:

  1. I love your snowy mantel! The feather boa adds the bright touch above the snowflakes reminding me of fluffy white clouds. I have a woodland mantel right now. I was going to add snowflakes this afternoon but decided to take a nap instead. Maybe tomorrow..... Sometimes it's good to be retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I LOVE your winter mantle!! Everything is perfect and you also gave me some great ideas. I did a winter mantle for the first time this year and thought it was great til I saw yours!!!:):) Thanks for the inspiration. It looks beautiful, warm and welcoming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love your snowy winter mantle and surrounding area! You nailed it on the head perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mantel and fireplace is so pretty! I love the little tree votives and the sprinkling of snowflakes everywhere. You have a lovely blog!
    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, your Winter mantel is beautiful! I love how you used the feather boas & the snowflakes...they give the whole thing that perfect Winter look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the snowballs!

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE it all! It is great how it all started with white boa feathers. Love your style...I am now a follower!
    Lori from LL Farm

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful winter snow mantel you created! I love each detail. My favorite is the bucket with the birch and pine branches next to the lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! It definitely looks like winter on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantel is gorgeous and so prefect for this time of year! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".