Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Decor Tip For The Kitchen


Kitchens always get a work-out during the Christmas season.  This space in our homes sees us preparing meals and hosting guests.  As such, it needs to look festive and yet be functional.



Although I'll be waiting awhile longer for an update to our oak cabinets/hunter green countertops and am reluctant to show our kitchen, I do want to give you a tip that I've found makes decorating the kitchen for Christmas easy.


Almost all of the decorative touches I've added are "corralled" in either trays or baskets.
 
 
This allows for easy "pick up and move" capabilities.
 
 
 
This especially applies to the kitchen island where these apothecary jars can be moved whenever the full space is required.
 
 
Some faux snow and a few Christmas picks were added to the glass vessels which sit in a small black wooden tray.
 
 
Some wooden gingerbread men and a plate stack stand at the ready in this woven basket tray.
 
 
 
A matching basket-tray in the far corner holds a Santa ornament, some Christmas greenery along with the necessary jars of tea bags.
 
 
A red Christmas plate against a plain white one makes a backdrop to this display.
 
 
At the far end of the kitchen, a shelf also holds some festive accents. This is a good area to decorate since it is up and out of the way.
 
 
The HOME sign is flanked by a Santa sugar & creamer.
 
 
Christmas greenery with red ornaments sit on each end of the shelf.
 
By placing your decorative items in easily transportable trays and/baskets, you'll have a festive kitchen and save yourself time and stress when it comes to making room on your counters for prepping or serving food during the holidays.
 
Thanks for visiting!
I'll be linking this post to these wonderful blog parties:
Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming
Amaze Me Mondays at Dwellings
Monday Metamorphosis at Between Naps on the Porch
Show & Share at Coastal Charm
The Scoop at Stone Gable
Tutorials & Tips at Home Stories A to Z
Inspire Me Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow us Wednesdays at Southern Savvy Style
Fall into Fall at DIY by Design
What's It Wednesdays at Ivy & Elephants
Creative Ways at Posed Perfection
Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show & Tell at My Romantic Home
Saturday Sparks at Pieced Pastimes
Say G'day Saturday at Natasha in Oz


8 comments:

  1. That is such a great tip! Love your kitchen decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas to use the trays for your decor. Your kitchen is clean as a pin and now ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea!!! I decorate my kitchen but most things are functioal too. And those that aren't, are not really in the way, thank goodness:):) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great tip that I also use. First time I saw trays/baskets being used to group vignettes I was hooked! I use them everywhere and when I need to move something it can be done with quickly and neatly. Blessings! You have a beautiful and warm home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen loks very warm and cozy and a place where family and friends can join and meet up. the kitchen to me is always the heart of the home.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to gather up my trays for decorating the kitchen over the weekend. I have a small tree that I like to use for the kitchen, it is going look great gathered up with the other little decorations on my counter. Thanks for the inspiration!..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your kitchen and your beautiful vignettes. Trays are such a fabulous accessory. I use them everywhere. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We wish you a Merry Christmas! !
    I pray a lot of "happiness".
    And for the children of the world. . . .
    Ryoma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".