Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Its Canada Day on July 1st

I seem to be running short on time these days so am resorting to last year's version of my Canada Day tablescape.  Hope you enjoy seeing it again!


In honour of Canada Day on July 1st, I've created a patriotic tablescape in our little cabana.
Rather than state the obvious as I usually do when narrating, I'll leave it all to the words of our national anthem to take you through the pictures.
(I'll post a few details at the end)

O Canada!

Our home and native land,


True patriot love in all thy sons command


With glowing hearts, we see thee rise
The True North strong and free

From far and wide,


O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.


God keep our land glorious and free

O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.


O Canada! We stand on guard for thee.


Happy Canada Day!


Although we Canadians tend to be a little bit "laid back" in our patriotism I, for one am very thankful to be a Canadian and am happy to celebrate the fact that I live in this magnificent country!

Thanks for looking!  
Of course, I will be joining Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch. Thanks to Susan for hosting this fun time each week! Be sure to head over and check out all the other patriotic tablescapes!
The details...
Centerpiece - glass vase (from long ago) with flags wrapped in red napkin
"Canada" vases - created with the use of vinyl cling-ons from the Dollar Store, faux red/white roses inside with tall glass votive holder
Hurricane shades over Partylite pillar candle holders (from long ago)
White plates - "Maria" by Pier 1
Red plates - ? no name set of four (from long ago)
Stemware - created with the use of vinyl cling-on from Dollar Store
Napkins & Centerpiece tablecloth - Bandanas from Dollar Store
Gold-en flatware (from long ago)

16 comments:

  1. Your Canada tablescape is Gorgeous. I love all the red, white and maple leafs. Everything looks so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great table!!! I loved seeing all the red maple leaves. Something we don't get to see much of here in Texas. Many blessings and Happy Canada day! marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool tablescape. As much as I love Old Glory, I have to admit y'all have a great flag. You incorporated those flags beautifully in your tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 29, 2011

    It's so nice seeing how people set their tables for holidays1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canada is a great and beautiful country with wonderful people...like you! I loved the dishes, napkins, everything about your tablescape, the maple tree leaves are so beautiful, sooo very Canadian, like stars and stripes in the USA. Happy Canada Day and God bless you. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. So festive...cutee napkins. I LOVE the "maple leaf" - brings back many memories of trips to Canada (frederickton) as a child!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DD, your table is beautiful! Happy Canada Day to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Canada tablescapes are very Beautiful for the 4th of July !!! I love the way you have put all the colors together for this Day. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my new Tablescape so sweet of you. I also hope you and your lovely family have a Great 4th week.
    xxoo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous site for your wonderful celebration tablescape. Love the mix of patterns, and the chandelier adds a touch of elegance and luxury. Thank you for sharing your marvelous design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. From your neighbor just over the border. Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Canada Day on the 1st.
    http://twotulipstalking.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very pretty tablescape! I love your pretty gazebo and it's setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Canada Day! So great to see other bloggers celebrating their countries as well! Loved the maple leaf table runner!

    http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com/2011/06/stars-and-stripes-and-checks-and-polka.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. AnonymousJuly 04, 2011

    This is a beautifully patriotic tablesetting! Beautiful!!

    I love your banner tablesetting, also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice to see how you celebrate holiday..i like the table settings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".