Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Tabletop Tuesday - Office Hutch

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life hosts the weekly Tabletop Tuesday meme and I thought I would join in by showing you the hutch I have in my office.
I wish I had a before picture of this but I didn't think to take one.  It was just a very simple, brown pressed wood piece before Mr. Delight put crown molding on it, painted it black and put on new hardware.

It is very narrow which works perfectly 
for the small space.



On the top shelf, I've placed a pretty pink plate 
that I received a few years back for my
birthday from my sister-in-law. 




Some faux pink tulips, a pillar candle
and two little birdies were also added.



On the bottom shelf, I've placed an identical pot of faux tulips, my Dimity Rose (Royal Albert)
teapot and a cup and saucer.  
Another little birdie looks out.
On the middle shelf is what I think is a great addition to my little office - a flat screen TV. Can you guess what show I'm watching?

Its Colour Confidential and that's Jane Lockhart. Of course, it would be a decorating show!
Looking forward to checking out the other wonderful tabletop/shelf ideas at Marty's. You should head on over too!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my, your hutch is just beautiful! I love the Dimity Rose (Royal Albert)teapot, cup and saucer, just out of this world! Congratulations on such a wonderful look!

    Nancy
    Nancy's Notes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skinny hutch is lovely! Your china is beautiful. Such a lovely way to show off your treasures! (I so heart your tea pot!)

    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous shelf. I love that your DH was able to redo it to make it look so stunning. The tulips, plate, books and the birds are all beautiful. The teaset is stunning. What a great idea to put the tv in there too. So beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all just beautiful your hubs did an awesome job for you...love those 2lips....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so cute!! I love what you have done with it--such romantic and homey things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thing you told us cause we don't get that show..and I would have been trying to figure it out!
    I love your display..the plate is just beautiful..I have pink tulips this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have your shelf fixed so beautifully! I love the teapot. BTW, your header is just so lovely! I love the eggs and the bunny. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You decorated your shelf just right, not too much, not too little! Love it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hutch and your goodies too! Wouldn't Jane be glad to know she's on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the plates, love the books, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so pretty! thanks for coming by to say hello.
    Love your tea pot and cup. the pattern is beautiful!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great hutch everything look so pretty... I love the bunny and eggs on your header! Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hutch looks great! The molding added was a nice bonus. Very pretty diplays. Thank you for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The crown molding on the unit makes it a standout. High Five to the the Mister.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How clever to rework the bookshelf, It looks great and your decorating touches are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so beautiful! A very lovely vignette for Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great looking cabinet!! I LOVE color confidential.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE LOVE LOVE what ya did with your bookcases.. every piece is in the perfect place,,, I have 4 bookcases on the way and I so hope I can make mine look half as good as yours.. did I meantion LOVE THEM~!
    your new follower
    Sonny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback on my posts. Your message will be published after moderation.

Please note: I will respond to any questions you have right here in "Comments".